Thursday 4 June 2015

A Winter Wedding

We were married at St Patrick's Church in Hamilton on December 26th, 1964 at 12:00 noon. Formal photos were taken at the church and at the photographers' studio.

The reception for was at The Pines, a restaurant in Stoney Creek. As it was Boxing Day, there still was a Christmas theme with red, white and green decorations. My maid of honour was my best friend, Maureen Curran, dressed in a long red brocade dress she made herself. The best man was James Craig, John's best friend from Nova Scotia.

I wore a friend's sister's graduation dress which she had made herself and I made my headpiece and veil. I wore a pair of white shoes that I already had and a borrowed, blue garter. My bouquet was a dozen red roses entwined with ivy. John wore a new navy blue suit with a white shirt and greyish tie. The whole affair may not have been that classy by today's standards, but we thought it was beautiful at the time.  The reception for 36 guests was a whopping $159.30!  This included 4 bottles of wine, flowers for the tables, tax and the gratuity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment