Thursday 4 June 2015

In Closing

In Summary

All in all, my memories of my life as a child were pretty nice after all, in spite of everything.  It made me stronger and the person I am today.

My father was a hard worker and really tried to provide for the family. He didn't have a high school education, but he could fix just about anything.  He was a man who believed in honesty and equality for all.

My mother was a very creative woman who could really stretch a dollar. She was an excellent cook, baker, seamstress, hair dresser, gardener and lover of classical music and flowers. Her perseverance in all she attempted, was remarkable.

Being ten years younger than my siblings, was just like being an only child and I missed their companionship at home. I looked forward to them coming home and admired their accomplishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment